Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Creature Design Woes

Hey folks, long time no see! Between freelancing, babysitting, and earning a few extra bucks on the side, I barely have any time to post. I even had to put this idea on the back burner! http://jimgrue.blogspot.com/2010/01/it-begins.html But during what little free time I have, I've been sketching ideas for two other ambitious shorts. One of them is about two kids and their run in with a rather odd looking creature. Here are some lunch sketches I have been coming up with.











I thumbnailed the boards, but I do not want to do the full boards till I get this weirdo's design right! ARRRGH! I love a good challenge =) Sketches are © of James Sugrue.

2 comments:

MB Thomas said...

I was wondering when the little dude from the Valentine's Day cartoon would have his own spin-off. I'm really digging the Monster design, he's like some kind of "Bullfrog". I can't wait to see the rest, Jim!

James Sugrue said...

Ha Ha Malcom my boy you are correct! That IS a bull frog! I like drawing half breed creatures, or use play on words for characters. It's much more fun. Thanks Malcom and keep you eyes peeled!