Wednesday, October 1, 2008

R.I.P. Bill Melendez


Wow. I'm REALLY late on this one. I just found out that veteran animator great, Bill Melendez, passed away this year on September 2nd. Melendez was one of the life's blood at Termite Terrence during the golden age of animation. He served under Bob Clampett, Bob Mckimson, and Art Davis' unit. He also animated a handful of the Peanuts specials and series, most notably, "A Charlie Brown Christmas". I never met Bill Melendez, but I always enjoyed hearing his stories on the Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVDs. I loved that hotplate story! Farewell, Mr.Melendaz.

1 comment:

live2draw said...

Hello James My name is Adrian Cabezas and I just came across your post and I have to say that I really like the work you do. Great Stuff man.. Keep up the good work. Would you by any chance have any tips about getting into the industry..or drawing characters. I feel that mine are really flat and boring...